Ten Reasons... to install a heat pump system:
What is a heat pump? It’s an all-in-one heating and air conditioning system that works year-round to keep your home or business comfortable. During the winter, it collects heat from outdoor air and transfer it inside. During the summer, it doubles as an air conditioner by extracting heat from inside and transferring it outside.
Why choose a heat pump?
1. Saves money on your energy bills.
2. Saves money on routine maintenance costs.
3. Safer than combustion heating systems.
4. Reduces your carbon footprint.
5. Improves air quality in your home.
6. Never worry about calling for fuel delivery or running out of fuel.
7. Provides heating in the winter and cooling in the summer from a single unit.
8. Allows you to control your home’s temperature from your smartphone.
9. Eliminates the need for heavy and inefficient window air conditioning units.
10. No upfront cost for customers who qualify for financing.
NPU’s Cooling & Heating Incentive Pilot Program (CHIPP) helps existing electric customers heating primarily with natural gas, oil or propane gas upgrade to a more energy-efficient electric heat pump system.
Participants who install a qualifying heat pump system and submit all required documentation will receive a $2,400 per ton rebate toward the purchase and installation and up to $2,000 for integrated controls.
Program details and forms are available at norwichpublicutilities.com/residential/chipp or call 860-887-2555 for additional information.