Powering change, one vehicle at a time
NPU electric customers are eligible for up to a $1000 rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used all-electric (EV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), and up to a $2000 rebate for the purchase and installation of EV charging equipment. This is in addition to available federal, state, and manufacturers’ rebates and incentives.
Electric Vehicle Rebates:
- Up to $500 for purchasing a new PHEV
- Up to $1000 for purchasing a new EV
- Up to $250 for purchasing a used PHEV, model year 2019 or newer
- Up to $500 for purchasing a used EV, model year 2019 or newer
Scroll down for the rebate form. Customers must be current on their utility account. The vehicle must be purchased from a licensed car dealership and proof of purchase is required. See more program details on the form.
Charging Equipment Rebates:
- $500 for purchasing a residential use Level 2 EVSE
- $1,500 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE for workplace charging or multifamily (4+ units) use
- $2,000 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE available to the general public at a commercial or public location
Note: Rebate amount cannot exceed the equipment purchase price.
Installation of the equipment must be within Norwich Public Utilities’ electric service territory. Proof of purchase and installation is required. More program information is available on the form (click form link below).
For additional information, please contact Jeanne Kurasz at 860-823-4182 or email@example.com.