Powering change, one vehicle at a time
NPU electric customers are eligible for up to a $1000 rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used all electric (EV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), and up to a $2000 rebate for the purchase and installation of EV charging equipment. This is in addition to available federal, state and manufacturers’ rebates and incentives.
Electric Vehicle Rebates:
- $500 for purchasing a new PHEV
- $1000 for purchasing a new EV
- $250 for purchasing a used PHEV, model year 2017 or newer
- $500 for purchasing a used EV, model year 2017 or newer
Customer must be current on their utility account. Vehicle must be purchased from a licensed car dealership and proof of purchase is required.
Nissan has extended it’s Nissan Leaf rebate program until 1/2/20. Nissan is offering up to a $5,000 rebate to NPU customers for the purchase of a 2019 Nissan Leaf or Leaf Plus. View the Nissan rebate form for program details.
Charging Equipment Rebates:
- $500 for purchasing a residential use Level 2 EVSE
- $1,500 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE for workplace charging or multifamily (4+ units) use
- $2,000 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE available to the general public at a commercial or public location
Note: Rebate amount cannot exceed equipment purchase price.
Installation of equipment must be within Norwich Public Utilities’ electric service territory. Proof of purchase and installation is required.
For additional information, please contact Jeanne Kurasz at 860-823-4182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.