Powering change, one vehicle at a time
NPU electric customers are eligible for up to a $1,000 rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used all-electric (EV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), and up to a $4,000 rebate for the purchase and installation of EV charging equipment. This is in addition to available federal, state, and manufacturers rebates and incentives.
Electric Vehicle Rebates:
- Up to $1,000 for purchasing a new PHEV
- Up to $1,500 for purchasing a new EV
- Up to $500 for purchasing a used PHEV, model year 2019 or newer
- Up to $1,000 for purchasing a used EV, model year 2019 or newer
Scroll down for the rebate form. Customers must be current on their utility account. The vehicle must be purchased from a licensed car dealership and proof of purchase is required. See more program details on the form.
Do you know the difference between a hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and electric vehicle? Click on the infographic below to learn more.
Charging Equipment Rebates:
- $1,000 for purchasing a residential use Level 2 EVSE
- $3,000 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE for workplace charging or multifamily (4+ units) use
- $4,000 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE available to the general public at a commercial or public location
Note: The rebate amount cannot exceed the equipment purchase price.
Installation of the equipment must be within Norwich Public Utilities’ electric service territory. Proof of purchase and installation is required. More program information is available on the form (click the form link below).
Additional information is available on the rebate forms, or you can call 860-823-4514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
State of Connecticut CHEAPR Program