Energy Payment Assistance

If you are having difficulty paying your utility bill, especially during the winter heating season, please note that there are several local agencies you can contact for assistance.

Contact the following agencies at the phone numbers listed below for more information and program requirements.

Click here to download a listing of agencies who provide energy assistance

General Information – Call Infoline at 2-1-1

Norwich Human Services – Call 860-823-3778

CEAP-CT Energy Assistance Program

Federally funded program administered by Thames Valley Council for Community Action (TVCCA)

Phone:  860-425-6681

For more Information, visit the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services website.

Operation Fuel

Contact Catholic Charities

Phone: 860-889-8346

SAFA-State Appropriated Fuel Assistance

State funded program administered by TVCCA

Phone:  860-889-1365

Project Warm Up

Applications taken through the United Way of Southeastern Connecticut

Phone:  860-464-6012

Salvation Army

Applications are taken through Salvation Army

Phone:  860-559-2245

Soldiers, Sailors & Marines Relief Fund

Application taken year round – military veterans only.

Phone:  860-886-8557