October 4, 2019 – Norwich Public Utilities (NPU) will recognize three national weeks between October 6 and 13 with a series of employee and public activities to acknowledge Public Power Week, Public Gas Week and National Customer Service Weeks.
“Public Power and Public Gas companies operate under different business models than investor-owned utilities, a distinction that is reflected in the relationships we have with our customers and our communities,” said Chris LaRose, General Manager of NPU. “And at the end of the day, we pride ourselves on meeting – and trying to exceed – the needs of our customers as we provide them with electricity, natural gas, water and wastewater services.”
Next week, NPU will mark each of the weeks of recognition with the following activities:
- “Coffee with Chris” – General Manager Chris LaRose will meet with customers to answer questions and listen to concerns at the NPU Customer Service Center at 173 North Main Street at the following times:
- Monday, October 7 between 1:00 and 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 8 between 9:00 and 10:00 am
- Thursday, October 10 between 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- On Tuesday, NPU will launch its 2019-2020 United Way of Southeastern Connecticut Campaign, with a goal of increasing NPU’s support for the United Way by 4%. Over the past five years, NPU employees have contributed more than $155,000 to support the work of the United Way of Southeastern Connecticut, with more than 120 employees making either regular or one-time contributions each year.
On NPU will also announce the community partner who will be supported with a Day of Caring, which will include the investment of the time and talents of dozens NPU employees who will spend a day working on the buildings and grounds of a local nonprofit.