Powering change, one vehicle at a time
NPU electric customers are eligible for up to a $1000 rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used all electric (EV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), and up to a $2000 rebate for the purchase and installation of EV charging equipment. This is in addition to available federal, state and manufacturers’ rebates and incentives.
Electric Vehicle Rebates:
- $500 for purchasing a new PHEV
- $1000 for purchasing a new EV
- $250 for purchasing a used PHEV, model year 2016 or newer
- $500 for purchasing a used EV, model year 2016 or newer
Customer must be current on their utility account. Vehicle must be purchased from a licensed car dealership and proof of purchase is required.
Charging Equipment Rebates:
- $500 for purchasing a residential use Level 2 EVSE
- $1,500 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE for workplace charging or multifamily (4+ units) use
- $2,000 for purchasing a commercial use Level 2 EVSE available to the general public at a commercial or public location
Installation of equipment must be within the City of Norwich. Proof of purchase and installation is required.
For additional information, please contact Jeanne Kurasz at 860-823-4182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a limited time, Nissan is offering a $5,000 rebate to NPU customers for the purchase of a new Nissan Leaf. View the rebate form for program details.